- Learner’s Permit
- Beginner’s Package
- Advanced Package
- Five-Hour Class
- Road Test Services
- 4-Point Reduction Program
- 10% Off Insurance Premium
Grand Prix Driving School can provide you study materials including the Driver’s Manual, sample quizzes, application forms, and a list of identification documents that will be accepted when you apply for the permit.
You must at least be 16 years of age or older when you apply. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign the consent section of your application.
- You must show proof of identity that has a total value of at least six points and proof of date of birth (Form MV-44). If you do not have six points or proof of identity, your parent or guardian can complete Form MV-45 at a DMV office and show proof of identity.
- You must show your Social Security card.
- Study the New York State Driver’s Manual.
- Complete application form MV-44 and take an eye test at the DMV office, or bring form MV-619 completed by an eye-care professional. Bring cash, check, or a credit card to pay the application fee and the driver’s license fee. Take the written permit test.
- Note: An appointment is not required, but you must arrive at the DMV office at least one half hour before the office closing time.
- Patient, friendly instruction on brand-new dual-brake controlled cars.
- Set up appointments at your convenience.
- Special attention given to teenagers and senior citizens.
- Driving lessons offered from 7:00AM to 8:00PM.
- Brush-up instructions (tunnel, bridge, highway, & night driving lessons).
- Parallel parking made easy.
- Build confidence in nervous drivers of all ages.
- Learn standard shift.
- Winter driving – skid control.
DMV-Required 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Class
- We are licensed by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Class instructions given by experienced, knowledgeable certified DMV driving instructors.
- Given in a huge, modern classroom and at a very convenient location.
- Daily schedules except Sundays.
- Learner’s permit is required prior to attendance.
- DMV 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Certificate must be issued before you can apply for the road test.
Mondays 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM and 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Fridays from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturdays 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Road Test Services
- 1-4 weeks road test appointment date upon completion of 5-hour pre-licensing course.
- Auto – rental vehicles accompanied by DMV-certified licensed instructors.
- Simulated road test package available.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE ROAD? Do you know what to do at a flashing red light or a four-way stop sign?
Too many people simply don’t prepare adequately for their driver’s license road tests. Either they fail to practice enough or practice according to the wrong DMV standards. Other people just can’t deal with all the rules they have to remember.
Let Grand Prix Driving School show you testing techniques to pass that demanding on-road test. Sign up for our simulated road test lessons. Your professional instructor will calmly and patiently:
- Draw attention to and correct your driving mistakes.
- Help you practice all the driving maneuvers required for the road test, including the following:
- parallel parking
- safe driving in heavy traffic
- three-point turn (turning around on a narrow street)
- Provide road test tips like smooth steering and acceleration, lane positioning, signals and markings, avoiding jerky braking, understanding traffic signs, managing speed, identifying potential driving hazards around you, and much more.
Would you like to reduce your points and lower your auto insurance rates?
4-Point Reduction Program
With this program, you can remove up to four points from your driving record relating to violations that you incurred during the eighteen-month period leading up to your successful completion of the course. This could enable you to avoid having your license suspended; however, reducing your points will not reverse any mandatory suspensions of revocations (three speeding convictions in an eighteen-month period), nor can it cancel actions already in progress against a driver’s road privileges.
10% Off Insurance Premium
After you have completed the Point/Insurance Reduction Program through the New York Safety Program you will be eligible for a discount of 10% or more on your Collision and Auto Liability Insurance. This discount will apply for three full years on all vehicles in which you are the principal operator. Your liability premium includes Property Damage (PD), Personal Injury Protection (PIP), and Bodily Injury (BI).
Defensive Driving Sign Up